BIND started several times at one time

/dev/rob0 rob0 at gmx.co.uk
Wed Nov 16 00:41:36 UTC 2011

On Tuesday 15 November 2011 18:19:22 Aleksander Kurczyk wrote:
> This will not be a server for public use. I just wan't to try make
> a configuration of two or more servers with zone transfers,
> master/slave, notify, etc. locally (on 127.0.0.1 but on different
> ports). How can I do that? I have to install named several times
> or just start it with some options?

"man named" will show you the options, I think you want "named -c
/path/to/alternate/named.conf".

Each instance will need a unique listen-on setting. Only one can have
the default, which is "0.0.0.0 port 53". You will probably also want
different directory settings. See listen-on and directory in ARM
chapter 6.