(Non existing domain) query lookup logs in a seperate log file

Cathy Almond cathya at isc.org
Sun Nov 13 17:22:32 UTC 2011

On 13/11/11 07:59, babu dheen wrote:
> Dear Support,
>
>  Can anyone help me how to enable a seperate log file for NXDOMAIN(Non exististance) DNS query lookup in BIND?
>
> Regards
> Papdheen M

BIND doesn't log query responses - only queries received.  There are
statistics available on how many queries are responded to with NXDOMAIN
etc. (documented in the BIND Administrators Reference Manual).

You're probably going to have to do this with network packet tracing and
analysis tools.

And I'm curious as to why you want this information?