reverse delegation from Telco

Chris Buxton chris.p.buxton at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 05:57:58 UTC 2011

Everything is working as it should. Your servers (I'm guessing they're your servers) are responding authoritatively for the rewritten PTR record name. You're seeing a non-authoritative response because you're asking for the canonical PTR record name, for which your server is not authoritative (Telus' servers are). But the final part of the answer, from your zone '80-95.147.34.207.in-addr.arpa', is authoritative.

I'm making the assumption that ns.qcislands.net and ns2.qcislands.net are yours.

Regards,
Chris Buxton
BlueCat Networks