Getting different name resolution for news.google.com from masterand slave BIND

Lightner, Jeff JLightner at water.com
Wed May 25 14:30:21 UTC 2011

Yes.   I verified this with our chief network engineer this morning.

Yesterday on doing dig @ns1.google.com (or @ns2 or @ns3 or @ns4) my
results for the master were always the same IPs indicated in my initial
post for the master whereas those from my slave were always the ones
indicated in that same post for the slave.   I should have mentioned
that.

As noted in a reply to another email this morning it appears both
servers now get the same list of IPs (which is the list that only the
slave was getting yesterday).   Since we made no change I suspect this
had more to do with how Google's NS servers were handling things than
how we were querying.