Getting different name resolution for news.google.com from master and slave BIND

Eivind Olsen eivind at aminor.no
Tue May 24 20:01:14 UTC 2011

Lightner, Jeff wrote:
> Is anyone else seeing odd results with news.google.com?   My BIND 9
> master and slave are getting different results.   If I go out to other

Normally, you'd have master/slave nameservers in different networks - is
this the case here as well for your servers? Will their outgoing queries
to the Google nameservers come from completely different source
IP-addresses?

I see different results as well when I look up news.google.com from my
different servers on different continents - so it does look like Google
are giving different replies depending on where you come from.

Regards
Eivind Olsen