GSS-TSIG update policy identity field

Juergen Dietl isclists01 at googlemail.com
Thu May 12 11:50:26 UTC 2011

Hello Phil, Hello Mark,

after trying a lot the last hours I came to the same result.

grant EXAMPLE.COM ms-self * any;

works. All the other things for example EXAMPLE.COM krb5-self * any;

etc. dont work.

So I will put this rule in any zone with the relating domain. The ms-self
command is not documented in the bind manual just short mentioned in the
command list (1 word)
I also have to try what all can I use instead of "ANY". The client should
only to be able to do the A and PTR-Record. I read that there are some
limitations ....

Do you have an idea how I can test that I am 100 % sure that the client
really only can update itsself?
Do you have a link where I can read more about the ms-self feature?

thanx a lot
cheers,