does authority named require the external name servers?

Jeff Pang jeffrpang at gmail.com
Tue May 3 01:46:28 UTC 2011

2011/5/3 Chris Thompson <cet1 at cam.ac.uk>:

> It will need to know the addresses of ns1.def.com & ns2.def.com to
> send them NOTIFY packets when the zone is updated (unless that has
> been suppressed). But it gets those by (if necessary) recursive
> lookups based on its root hints (compiled in or otherwise), not
> by using the OS resolver.

Hi Chris,

That's what the real question I want to know.
For example, my DNS Servers have lots of domains hosting, all the
zones have the same NS RRs:
ns1.dnsbed.com
ns2.dnsbed.com

But dnsbed.com is not authority resolved by my own nameservers.
So, I was asking when there is not correct entries in /etc/resolv.conf
if named will find the ns1 and ns2.dnsbed.com correctly from the root
hint.

Now I got it, thank you.

--
Jeff Pang