BIND 9 and 2 Domains

Eivind Olsen eivind at aminor.no
Thu Mar 31 18:08:09 UTC 2011

> I was wondering if someone had a sample named.conf file I could reference
> that would allow for the configuration of 2 different domain names?

This is so easy that I'm suspecting you're _really_ thinking of something
else than what you're actually asking for. If it isn't, please excuse me,
I don't mean to sound patronising.

To configure 2 different domain names, just list 2 different zone
statements, for example:

options {
    directory    "/some/directory";
    ...other options as well, like pid-file, listen-on etc etc..
};

zone "bohrnag.org" {
    type master;
    file "master/bohrnag.org";
};

zone "aminor.no" {
    type slave;
    file "slave/aminor.no";
    masters {
        some.ip.address;
    };
};

(you might also want to expand on those settings by configuring dynamic
update policies, allowing/denying zone transfers etc - this example is
just meant to show the basic case)

Regards
Eivind Olsen
eivind at aminor.no