Bind 9.8 with dlz and dnssec

Christian Laursen xi at borderworlds.dk
Thu Mar 10 17:26:17 UTC 2011

On 03/10/11 17:05, Evan Hunt wrote:

> Incidentally, we've been expanding DLZ support further.  In 9.8.1, the
> dlopen driver will be part of the default build on unix/linux platforms, no
> longer requiring a configure option, so you can use the Samba module (or
> other modules yet to be written) with a stock BIND 9 build.  In 9.9.0,
> we'll be adding support for the dlopen driver on Windows as well.  I plan
> to convert the other DLZ drivers (mysql, postgresql, ldap, etc) to back-end
> modules for the dlopen driver at that time as well.  I'm not expecting to
> make them support dynamic updates yet, and hadn't even given any thought to
> to the problem of supporting DNSSEC, but we can add those features to the
> roadmap as well if there's user demand.

I just want to throw my vote for having DLZ support DNSSEC at some point.

When we decide to add DNSSEC to our nameservers the only alternative
that I know of is to migrate to zone files generated from the database.

While that is certainly possible I would rather avoid that if I can.

--
Christian Laursen