About name servers registration

Torinthiel torinthiel at data.pl
Thu Mar 10 08:44:07 UTC 2011

Dnia 2011-03-10 09:53 terry napisał(a):

>Hello,
>
>How do I know  that my name servers, ns1.dnsbed.com and
>ns2.dnsbed.com, have been registered in ICANN?

AFAIK ICANN does not run .com registry, VeriSign does.
But this doesn't change anything.

First, your nameservers will not be registered per se. But your nameservers
may be registered as
authorative for your domain, which I guess is dnsbed.com
And you can check this with
dig ns com
to get a list of nameservers for .com (or whatever your parent domain is)
then pick any, say
b.gtld-servers.net
and type
dig ns dnsbed.com @b.gtld-servers.net

which right now returns dns[1-4].registrar-servers.com, so not the ones
you've typed.
And, as your servers don't answer for
dig ns dnsbed.com @ns1.dnsbed.com

then I guess my original assumption of your domain has been wrong. Bujt the
procedure still is same.
Torinthiel