Operating system recommendation

Bryan Irvine sparctacus at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 21:06:57 UTC 2011

On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 11:52 AM, pollex <andres.vidoz at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I want to know in your experience what is the best operating
> system to run bind for an ISP. We currently have Debian for the 5
> Cache servers and for the 2 Authoritative servers.
> We have around 111851 success querys in the cache servers and around
> 7267 zones created in the authoritative servers.
> We are doing a major re analysis for all the arquitecture and Debian
> is changing to soon their versions and only have support for 1 version
> before so I dont know if this is best option

If we're only talking based on experience everyone will have their own
opinion.  My personal experience I love OpenBSD for DNS servers.  But
only because I've gotten to the point where I can drop a new slave in
about 20 minutes including install.

Certainly others are the same with Debian, RHEL, and anything else.
Just go with what you know.