Bind9 Log data consistency

Stefan Certic stefan at routotelecom.com
Tue Mar 8 21:46:20 UTC 2011

Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for response. Problem with another log file is that solution is doubling
number of I/O transactions. At some point, data needs to be phrased into
database and written to disk. I'm afraid doubling operations will cause
bottlenecks during high load traffic peaks and slow-down maximal throughput.

Maybe I should consider another direction of storing bind events into database
in strict transaction mode. Any known approaches?

Regards,
Stefan Certic