rndc increment the serial

Eivind Olsen eivind at aminor.no
Sun Mar 6 02:11:29 UTC 2011

Den 5. mars 2011 kl. 19.24 skrev fakessh @:

> since I installed the latest version of bind 9.7.3
> I do not know me use rndc
> rndc to each use is increment a serial in the area.
> I do not remember using it.
> can you give me a little explanation

I'm not sure what it is you're really asking about.
rndc isn't used to increment the serial number in zonefiles - you do that when editing the zonefile, and then you can use rndc to inform BIND that the zonefile needs to be reloaded, for example:

rndc reload example.com

If rndc isn't working for you, you'll need to configure it, for example by setting up an rndc.key file (location depending on your installation of BIND). An easy way to configure rndc is with the "rndc-confgen -a" command line.

--
Regards
Eivind Olsen
eivind at aminor.no