Slaves and views

Steve Arntzen isc at arntzen.us
Fri Mar 4 17:53:51 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-03-04 at 11:46 -0500, John Wobus wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can a zone file a slave in one view and the same zone file
> be served by another view?

It is a bad idea, although I know (from experience) it will work for
static zones.  One problem is you need to remember to reload the zone in
both views if you make any changes to it.

Again, it is a bad idea and I think ISC recommends against it.

> I'm not (yet) worried about dynamic updates, if there are
> any.

That will not work.  You will need separate files for each view.

Steve.