inconsistency dnssec debuguers response and writing conseil for new areas zone

Laurent Bauer l.bauer at mailclub.fr
Tue Mar 1 08:34:06 UTC 2011

On 28/02/2011 23:35, fakessh @ wrote:
>> This is not handled yet. The .FR zone has been signed since september
>> 2010, but submitting DS for child zones will be supported later this year.
>> See http://operations.afnic.fr for more information.
>>
> thank you for taking the trouble to answer me.
>

> I therefore rest with my chain of security provided by isc dlv and wait
> for the DS flag a chance to insert later.
>
> but I wonder one thing I'm not a registar I am a passionate individual,
> how I'm going to do later for the flag for my DS  .eu domain and .fr? I
> do not know and still do not understand how

You will have to ask your registrar to submit the DS to the parent zone,
just as you have to ask your registrar when you want to change the NS
for your zone.
If they are already implementing DNSSEC, ask them what you are supposed
to provide (the KSK or the DS only) ; I guess there must be a FAQ
somewhere on the control panel.
Eurid is already ready for DS submission, so you will be able to
complete the whole chain of trust for your .eu domain, if your registrar
is DNSSEC ready.

	Laurent