zone Statistics need to be collected for BIND name server

Parashar Singh parashar.singh2003 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 17:19:14 UTC 2011

I have BIND 9 server running in Debian Linux. I want to collect statistics
for which zone has been quried how many times (Success & Failure). Due to
some reason, loggin has not been enabled in named.conf file. I have added
statistics-file "named.stats"; under options section of named.conf file. I
have created named.stats file under same directory. Restarted named daemon
with following command:
/etc/init.d/bind9 restart

Please note all of above operations I have performed as root user.
But still, named.stats file is not accumulating any data.
Can anyone extend his/her support in this.
Please let me know if you need any further information on this.

Thanks in Advance.

Parashar Singh