Update-Policy "ms-self" for reverse zone dont work - please help

Chris Buxton chris.p.buxton at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 12:39:41 UTC 2011

If I'm not mistaken, ms-self means that the client's hostname must match the name of the record being updated. This is not the case in the reverse space, where record names end in in-addr.arpa instead of cp.test.

Your DHCP server should own the reverse space. I don't know how else to manage this.

Regards,
Chris Buxton
BlueCat Networks