Logging Response Results

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Thu Jun 23 20:42:19 UTC 2011

On Jun 23, 2011, at 1:27 PM, Stefan Certic wrote:
> Thanks Chuck
>
> Yes, that would be a solution, but i need logs processed through syslog and
> stored into database (matching the initial query from query log).

Why do you need to send this information via syslog to a database?

> Pharsing tcpdump is not going to be suitable for highly loaded system. I was
> more looking for a solution to log responses same way queryes are logged.

Parsing tcpdump doesn't constitute much work; I've got scripts which deal with NTP traffic at 500 - 2000+ requests per second without consuming much resources...although monitoring NTP takes noticeably more work than ntpd itself needs to provide time.

It's the other requirements being added which strike me as heavy-weight.

Regards,
--
-Chuck