forward name resolution OK, but reverse doesn't work ...

Anand Buddhdev anandb at ripe.net
Sat Jun 18 09:59:34 UTC 2011

On 18/06/2011 02:54, Mark Andrews wrote:

Actually, the root name servers still serve ARPA. They only dropped
IN-ADDR.ARPA earlier this year.

However, anyone who runs the kind of configuration that Thomas has
should be more vigilant. I would even recommend against slaving the root
zone and the arpa zone. Such configurations are best left to experts.

Regards,

Anand Buddhdev
RIPE NCC