ksk in a volume

Noel Rocha noel at noelrocha.com
Mon Jun 13 17:32:37 UTC 2011

Hello,

I'm having this error after add RR using nsupdate:
named[18254]: dns_dnssec_findzonekeys2: error reading private key file
my.zone.com/NSEC3RSASHA1/42969: file not found

Keytag 42969 is the KSK.

My named.conf is setup with the KSK to sign only dnskey:
options {
    [..]
    dnssec-dnskey-kskonly yes;
    update-check-ksk yes;
}

Can't I store private ksk in my other machine for secutiry questions?
Can I ignoring this error?

Recommendations?

Thanks in advance,
Noel Rocha