Forward only zones.

Peter Andreev andreev.peter at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 07:57:47 UTC 2011

2011/7/25 Vbvbrj <vbvbrj at gmail.com>:

>>> I can configure AD servers to Microsoft DNS. But how about workstations?
>>> The all are configured to use BIND DNS. If I change them to Microsoft DNS,
>>> then there is no use of BIND DNS.
>>
>> There's already no use for BIND if you really want what you described. So
>> better deinstall BIND and configure stations to use microsoft's DNS.
>>
>> Not that I prefer or advise using microsoft's DNS, is sucks pretty much.
>> But as you described it, there's no point in using BIND for you.
>
> I have this point. I want to use BIND, because the server on wich resides
> BIND is also a gateway to internet and every client is configured to use it.
> And this server I prepare to switch to *unix system, and I am moving every
> necessary service from windows integrated to opensource multisystem support.
>
> I just can't for now move active directory's dns database to BIND.
May be you should look at the problem from other point and configure
microsoft's dns server to forward queries to BIND? Of course you will
need to reconfigure clients to use microsoft's dns only, but in this
case microsoft's dns will serve queries to your domain and BIND wil
server qeries to other domains. I think it will be better solution.

AP