howto know if a query was delegated to cache

harish badrinath harishbadrinath at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 10:14:11 UTC 2011

(Originally sent to bind-workers, sorry if this is considered cross
posting. Slightly modified from the original message)

Hello,

I am using Bind version:BIND 9.7.1-P2

I am doing some small internal changes to bind and i have to know when
a query is being answered from internal cache and when from resolvers.

That information doesn’t seem to be recorded in client.attributes or
client->query.attributes ??

Can any one tell me where the code branches for cached/non cached
if the current client was responsible for cache insertion/addition for
client->query.qname.

I need help, to generate a construct along the lines of,
if(condition|binary_function == (true|false))
{
response was given by cache
}

*or*