SPF implementation schedule.

Torinthiel torinthiel at data.pl
Tue Jul 12 08:39:31 UTC 2011

On 2011-07-12 10:07, kalpesh varyani wrote:
> Looking at zytrix and spf2 sites, it seems that SPF is yet to be
> implemented at functional level. RFC4408 documentation suggests method
> to implement SPF. However, I need to know if ISC is planning to provide
> support for SPF at client and/or server side.
> Will anyone from ISC like to comment?

I'm not from ISC as well, but as Eivind has already stated - BIND
already supports EVERYTHING there is on DNS server/resolver side. It
serves SPF records, allows to fetch them, and there's nothing more from
DNS you can require. What remains is *mailserver's* side to query for
said SPF records and act accordingly. And this does not belong to ISC,
but to your mailserver's provider. Postfix can do this by external
plugins, some others probably as well but I haven't tested it.
Regards,
  Torinthiel