Globally setting TTL

Torinthiel torinthiel at data.pl
Wed Jan 26 09:21:10 UTC 2011

Dnia 2011-01-26 00:21 Eivind Olsen napisał(a):

>> Is it possible to globally set (override) the default TTL for all zones
>> and their subsequent records?
>
>You're thinking about the authoritative zones you host? I am not aware of
>any such setting, but it might be possible to use $INCLUDE in the
>zonefiles and include a file which contains "$TTL 86400" or whatever. Try
>it and see if that works for you :D

You can still type $TTL 86400 in your zone file, which will have the same
effect. (although might be harder to change for more zones). But still this
is ony the default, if an entry contains it's own TTL it will take
precedence.
Other than sed'ing/awk'ing the zone files I see no other options.

Torinthiel