Bind with publicly routable DDNS mappings for IPv6 but not IPv4

Chris Buxton chris.p.buxton at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 21:08:42 UTC 2011

Can't be done with just BIND. You need some kind of solution to strip out the private IPv4 address space before publishing data to the outside world. (Are you sure your workstations really need to have their routable addresses published to the outside world? Sounds dangerous to me.)

For example, you could write a script that would grab a copy of the internal zone, strip out what you don't want, and republish on an external-facing name server, and then run that script on a 5 minute cron job.

Chris Buxton
BlueCat Networks