BIND 9.8.0b1 Released Today

JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉 jinmei at isc.org
Sat Jan 22 21:01:41 UTC 2011

At Sat, 22 Jan 2011 20:38:46 +0100,
Florian Weimer <fw at deneb.enyo.de> wrote:

> >> Does this work with DNSSEC if one loads an explicit trust anchor, even
> >> if in the "world view" the trust anchor is missing?
> >
> > I'm afraid I don't understand the question.  Could you be more
> > specific, e.g., by using the above example.com example?
>
> I think Paul is wondering if it works with the DENIC testbed. 8-)
> The forward hack does not work reliable for DNSSEC islands, IIRC.

(I still don't understand what exactly "it works with the DENIC
testbed" means in the context of the original question of Paul, but)
If so, I believe the answer is yes.  static-stub was developed
specifically for that purpose (although the feature itself is generic
and would be useful for other purposes) :-)

---
JINMEI, Tatuya
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.