bind 9 multiple masters setup

Gordon A. Lang glang at goalex.com
Thu Jan 13 04:52:48 UTC 2011

If a zone is not dynamic, then the MNAME does nothing except to possibly
inhibit notifies to the declared master iff you specify the option "notify
yes" or if you do not specify any notify option (as "notify yes" is the
default).

If a zone is dynamic, then the MNAME plays a very critical role of telling
all clients where to send dynamic DNS updates.

I hear that support for multi-master with dynamic zones is expected in
version 10.  I have my own questions about how that will be done.

--
Gordon A. Lang  /  313-819-7978