stale cache in alternate views?

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Mon Jan 10 21:49:02 UTC 2011

It was pointed out to me that order of views matters, and indeed I do
have the correct order in my config--I just pasted it out of order in
my original email.  Here is the corrected version where I still have
this problem.

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 03:09:40PM -0500, Chuck Anderson wrote:
> I'm using bind-9.5.1-P3 (yes, I know it's old).  I have a zone in
> multiple views.  When I update the zone and reload, the "match-clients
> { any }" view sees new DNS records right away, but another view
> doesn't see them for "a while".

Given this configuration:

view "full" {
        match-clients { a.b.c.0/24; 127.0.0.1; };

        zone "example.net" {
                type slave;
                file "/var/named/slaves/example.net.zone";
                masters {a.b.c.d;};
        };
};
view "global" {