ISC Announcement: Plan your BIND & DHCP upgrades soon

Sue Graves sgraves at isc.org
Sat Jan 8 00:02:54 UTC 2011

Dear Valued DHCP and BIND user community

Happy New Year. ISC is planning on more communication with our users in
the new year, and this notice is to let you know about upcoming
End-of-Life (EOL) dates so your organization can plan for upgrades.

ISC's Extended Support Versions (ESV) are meant for those users
who have long release or upgrade cycles (read more here:
https://www.isc.org/softwaresupportpolicy).

Through speaking with BIND and DHCP users and reading your survey
versions. Therefore, we have extended support on both BIND and DHCP ESV
releases which were scheduled to EOL in December of 2010.

If you are using the oldest ESV release, (or an EOL 'dot' release (3.1.1
or 9.4.3)), we strongly encourage you to use the additional time to test
the newest ESV or dot release and plan your upgrade.

BIND:
- BIND 9.4-ESV will be EOL on May 31st, 2011.
- BIND 9.6-ESV will be supported until March, 2013.
Listing of all BIND releases and their status -
http://www.isc.org/software/bind/versions

DHCP:
- DHCP 3.1-ESV will be EOL on June 30th, 2011.
- DHCP 4.1-ESV will be supported until March 2013.
Listing of all DHCP releases and their status -
http://www.isc.org/software/dhcp/versions

Regards,
Sue Graves

PS-If you haven't already found the time, we'd appreciate your
feedback on our latest DHCP survey -
http://www.isc.org/announcement/dhcp-survey
Your input is important to us, and we would be honored to offer you a
thank you gift for your time.