Confused about /24 in-addr.arpa NS delegation debug problem

Mark Andrews marka at isc.org
Fri Jan 7 13:56:25 UTC 2011

In message <4D271802.5030608 at gmail.com>, Gary Wallis writes:
> Thanks guys for all the feedback.
>
> Yes seems like RIPE is involved, and The Planet (TP) refuses to fix
> delegation or say they can't 'cause of RIPE, but sounds funny to me, and
> I know that many TP tech support staffers know next to nil about DNS.

RIPE and all the RIRs handle this sort of configuration all the
time.  If The Planet can't get this fixed for you then you really
should find another ISP.  This is DNS basics and if your ISP can't
handle talking to the RIR to get you nameservers registered instead
of theirs then what else are they going to get wrong?

Mark