Threaded bind on CentOS

Jack Tavares j.tavares at F5.com
Thu Feb 24 22:31:32 UTC 2011

I mentioned the CentOS because some folks will automatically ask
if the info isn't included.

And someone replied off list with this:
quote:
Yes. The FAQ at the apex of the source tree:

Q: Why do I see 5 (or more) copies of named on Linux?

A: Linux threads each show up as a process under ps. The approximate
    number of threads running is n+4, where n is the number of CPUs.
Note
    that the amount of memory used is not cumulative; if each process is
    using 10M of memory, only a total of 10M is used.

    Newer versions of Linux's ps command hide the individual threads and
    require -L to display them.
end quote:

I grep-ed through the doc/ directory and below and didn't find anything.
I didn't think to check the FAQ.