BIND 9.7.3 is now available.

Dennis Clarke dclarke at blastwave.org
Tue Feb 15 03:24:34 UTC 2011

> 2011/2/15 Mark Andrews <marka at isc.org>:
>>
>> 9.7.3
>>
>>     * BIND now builds with threads disabled in versions of NetBSD
>> earlier
>>       than 5.0 and with pthreads enabled by default in NetBSD versions
>>       5.0 and higher. Also removes support for unproven-pthreads,
>>       mit-pthreads and ptl2. [RT #19203]
>
> Looks a great release.
> BTW, does bind-9.7's threads work well on Linux X86 platform?

I would think a posix speec compliant implementation would work anywhere.
However, who knows, I'll give a quick build on Debian squeeze and see what
happens. Personally I'm not sure if there is a comprehensive test suite in
the iscbind packages. Is there ? How would one verify the functionality of
the new security features?

--
Dennis Clarke
dclarke at opensolaris.ca  <- Email related to the open source Solaris