syntax/format of zone on slave $ORIGIN/paragraph - sorted?

Torinthiel torinthiel at data.pl
Fri Feb 11 08:48:31 UTC 2011

Dnia 2011-02-10 15:49 Walter Smith napisał(a):

>Oh - the original thought was to re-shuffle/clean-up zone(s) on
Master...and since Slave(s) has this "nice" $ORIGIN paragraphs - would be
nice to combine all these unique $ORIGINs back on Master...

I personally find only one $ORIGIN at start of zone, and later using only
relative names much more readable.

>By-the-way --- is there any simple way (WITHOUT modifying named.conf) to
"axfr" zone within Master/Slave/loopback?

as said before, from slave (And maybe some other hosts, depending what you
have in named.conf)
dig axfr @master your.zone > your.zone.dump
maybe add +noall +answer to get rid of (most) comments and useless stuff.
And you will get double SOA record, at start and end of file.
Torinthiel