multi-master with mysql backend

Torinthiel torinthiel at data.pl
Tue Feb 8 16:16:30 UTC 2011

Dnia 2011-02-08 16:47 fddi napisał(a):

>I need really something very simple:
>

>I have 2 domain name servers, I need them to be multi-master so I will
>put a mysql instance on each one,
>the two mysql servers in sync whith each other.
>
>when one of the servers goes down, the other continue to work.
>
>There are very few entry in hte database let;s say 10 entries of
>important internet services which must be
>always avaliable... that's it nothing complicate.

You really, really need a multi master for that? Like modyfing no both
servers and/or unable to wait for the real master to go online?
Because it looks like a normal slave configuration to me.
Or, if you need to be able to modify records from both servers than maybe
multi-master with rsync'ing to the other server will work? It's tricky, as
you need to both rsync and then rndc reload, and remember to do it when you
change anything OR the dead server goes up, but might be an option.