Akadns and Bind

Tory M Blue tmblue at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 01:06:09 UTC 2011

Second email in a single day, crazy. But I've had issues backing up
and just need to resolve them

Again Bind bind-9.7.2-P3  behind F5 Loadbalancers.

I'm running into an issue where one of the 2 servers will resolve
www.yahoo.com but the other will not (Same network), but both will
resolve yahoo.com

I was wondering if this is an issue with the Akamai DNS and or non
standards being followed. I do see that the server being successful in
the query generated this log entry

Feb  3 17:00:43 mx2 named[5728]: success resolving 'www.yahoo.com/A'
(in 'yahoo.com'?) after reducing the advertised EDNS UDP packet size
to 512 octets

I just enabled EDNS and reduced the edns-udp to 512, to see if that
would help. Again one server can resolve www.yahoo.com the other
cannot and they are identical in configuration

Any ideas?
Thanks
Tory