[OT] does deliveragent must have a PTR RR

Fr34k freaknetboy at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 1 14:45:39 UTC 2011

See RFC1123 and RFC1912 which suggest that legitimate nodes on the Internet have
appropriate forward/reverse DNS entries.

By appropriate, I mean DNS entires which distinguish which hosts are
static/business space from residential/dhcp space.
Reason:  So others on the Internet can make informed decisions on 3rd party
source traffic.
Example:  Email admins seeing SMTP connections from foo.dynamic.bar verses
foo.static.bar.  One of these is most likely abusive.
This is what AOL is doing to protect their customers.