Bind 9.9.0b2 inline signing...

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Sun Dec 4 20:37:06 UTC 2011

On 11/28/2011 4:33 PM, Bill Owens wrote:

> I think that if I had to use a Windows workstation my first installs
would be the ISC binary kit and wireshark, since AFAIK Windows doesn't
come with a packet capture program either. . .

There is one. I forget what it's called. I think it's in one of the
resource kits. I prefer wireshark (ethereal as it used to be called).
For most problems with BIND9 you should run it in debug mode. For that
you need to build it yourself because ISC doesn't make a debug version
available. Mostly it's hard to understand what is happening unless you
run it from VS which is about the only reason to want wireshark.

Danny