bind

Leonard Mills lenm at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 4 18:36:47 UTC 2011

From: Rajiv <brajiv at mercantile.com.np> wrote at about Sunday, December 4, 2011 12:24 AM

>Subject: bind
>                 I am getting below error while  updating the new Name server to IANA.
>The NS RR-set returned by the authoritative name server [xxx.xxx.xxx] are not the

>same as the supplied ns records [xxx.xxx.xxx] for Name server:xxx.xxx.xxx
>
>How can I fix this error.

When I ask the name servers for the xxx TLD about name service for xxx.xxx
they return NXDOMAIN.

Since they don't publish anything about your domain, you'll have to work through
your registrar to have the xxx. roots updated with information about xxx.xxx.

The error message you show is not wonderful, as the empty set won't match
anything useful.  Missing would be a better term then "not the same".

HTH
Len