IXFR zone transfer

/dev/rob0 rob0 at gmx.co.uk
Sat Dec 3 16:33:03 UTC 2011

On Saturday 03 December 2011 09:51:45 vishesh kumar wrote:
> Is it possible to transfer updated zone file to slave using
> IXFR without using concept of Dynamic Update.
>
> I tried by putting Request-IXFR=yes in slave and
> Provide-IXFRr=yes in master but it didn't worked .

In the BIND 9 ARM chapter 6, see the section entitled "server
Statement Definition and Usage". By default (without the settings you
used, even without the typo and mixed case) a slave will request IXFR,
and a master will provide it if possible.

However (and I think this is what you are asking), IXFR is not
possible without the journal, and the journal is created by dynamic
update. Both master and slave should then fall back to AXFR.