I use ProBind and you ?

michoski michoski at cisco.com
Tue Aug 30 19:44:41 UTC 2011

On 8/30/11 12:08 PM, "Kevin Oberman" <kob6558 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 11:33 AM, mfla <kona_iron at yahoo.fr> wrote:
>> I use ProBIND to administrate my BIND servers.
>> I would like to know which other possibities be available for DNS central
>> management ?
> At my former employer, we used Nixu Namesurfer.

While we're at commercial offerings:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/netmgtsw/ps1982/index.html

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/netmgtsw/ps1982/prod_white_papers_lis
t.html

8.0 is coming, which from my understanding will at least in part be based on
BTDiamond's IPAM.  It can also be used to generate ISC BIND/DHCP configs
from the IPAM database.

http://btdiamondip.com/

I can't say more than that, because I'm in the middle of a project to
evaluate CNR 8.x for our IPv6 needs...I'm just learning it myself.

Disclaimer: A company that sells at least one of these routes my email, and
bought the company I once worked for...so there may be special interests. ;)

--
By nature, men are nearly alike;
by practice, they get to be wide apart.