Max number of views and performance.

Chris Buxton chris.p.buxton at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 14:03:21 UTC 2011

Views are tested in order. The first view that matches (by match-* statements), wins. There is no default unless you create one as the last view, typically without any match-* statements -- the default is to match all requests.

1 million views sounds to me like a recipe for disaster. The time to run through all of the match-clients statements would probably be excessive, and the memory requirements would likely be huge.

Chris Buxton
BlueCat Networks