slave timers

hugo hugoo hugobxl at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 18 15:58:42 UTC 2011

Dear all,

I am testing the migration bind8  to Bind9 and the working for slave zones.
To do this, I have put the following values to the timers in the master zone.

$ORIGIN com.
toto      3600    IN      SOA     ns1.toto.com. postmaster.toto.com. (
                2011041404 302 3600 604800 3600 )
….
….

It is really not working good!

- Are there some constraint  in the timer values?
  For my test I have a 302 seconds expired time  è can this work even if this timer is smaller than the other ones?

- When I do a “rndc reload” on the slave name server, there is no AXFR request to the Master.

- When I do a bind9 stop/start on the slave name server, there is no AXFR request to the master.

- There is no AXFR request to the master every 302 seconds.

Can anyone help me to understand?

Thanks in advance,

Hugo,