named crashed (mem.c:1099: INSIST(ctx->stats[i].gets == 0U) failed)

Alan Clegg aclegg at isc.org
Tue Apr 12 12:51:22 UTC 2011

On 4/12/2011 8:32 AM, Khuu, Linh Contractor wrote:

> Last night, our named crashed with the following errors:
>
> daemon:crit named[221184]: mem.c:1099: INSIST(ctx->stats[i].gets == 0U)
> failed
> daemon:crit named[221184]: exiting (due to assertion failure)
>
> named restarted fine and running without any problem. Does anyone have
> any idea why named crashed with these errors??? Is it a bug in bind??
> We’re running bind 9.7.3.

When you see a crash like this, feel free to send an e-mail to:

   bind9-bugs at isc.org

With:   BIND version
        Operating System / Hardware
        "what happened to cause this"

We may ask for further information (core dumps, config files, etc.), but
may be able to provide you with a quick response regarding need to
upgrade, patches in testing, etc.

One request -- before you send a report to bind9-bugs@, please see if
you can reproduce the problem on the latest version of BIND within the
branch that you are currently using -- and remember, it must be one that
is not past EOL (http://www.isc.org/software/bind/versions).

Thanks,
AlanC