Re: BIND9 fails resolving after connecting to VPN

kapetr kapetr at mizera.cz
Fri Apr 8 21:23:25 UTC 2011

Thanks for replay,

> > The VPN must be used as target - default route.
> > It is standard in
> > > usage of such services, it is what I need and
> > want.
> >
> It's not standard behavior, but if it is what you
> want, very well.

I had mean only standard in usage of such services - all of them do
that so.

> There's nothing which would cause BIND to behave
> any differently than any other userland app which
> is not tweaking the routing table.  This implies
> that there may be firewall rules in place between
> you and the VPN endpoint which are breaking DNS
> and/or EDNS0 aka RFC-2671.

I have only 2 services get partially to work - one PPTP, one OpenVPN
- at both the same problem with BIND.

> What does:
>
> dig +short rs.dns-oarc.net txt
>
> ...do when your VPN tunnel is up?

After VPN up and restart of BIND:

hugo at duron650:~$ dig +short rs.dns-oarc.net txt
hugo at duron650:~$

Thanks

--kapetr