Maximum limit of query per second

Eivind Olsen eivind at aminor.no
Wed Apr 6 13:25:44 UTC 2011

iharrathi.ext at orange-ftgroup.com wrote:

> Have some one reach the number 100000 qps for example. Of course we

During testing - yes I have reached that number. This was with resperf
utility which by default speeds up towards 100000. From the man page:
"By default, resperf will send traffic for 60 seconds, linearly increasing
the amount of traffic from zero to 100,000 queries per second.". You can
tell it to work towards higher numbers with the "-m "command line option.
This was with no tuning, by the way. No special compile options. I did
increase the amount of allowed recursive clients in named.conf, but that's
all.

I didn't spend time on getting higher qps during testing, as I figured
100000 qps in best-case conditions on a single server would suffice, at
least for the time being.

Regards
Eivind Olsen