cname of cname of cname not working in bind 9.8.0

Evan Hunt each at isc.org
Tue Apr 5 19:23:17 UTC 2011

> then i nslookup gagagaga on the bind server for example (true for slaves
> & clients too) randomly i have an error message : Non-existent
> host/domain when i spam " nslookup gagagaga" sometime it works sometime
> it does not (ex 8 out of 10 times its ok , 2 times its not, then its 7
> not ok out of 10 etc)

We've gotten a similar report from someone else, but so far I haven't
been able to reproduce it.  Could you please send this report to
bind9-bugs at isc.org with output from named -V, the OS and version you're
running it on, a complete copy of named.conf (remove or obscure keys if
you wish) and the zone file that exhibits the problem, and the exact
command you're using to trigger this?

Evan Hunt -- each at isc.org
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.