Zone File IP address/Hostname

Tony MacDoodle tpsdoodle at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 01:47:27 UTC 2011

Hello,

I am trying to configure 2 different domains on one host that only has one
physical interface plummed.

I think I have an errorthat I list the hostname of the interface in both
zone files as below and this might be why I can't resolve properly. Do you
see any mistakes in the files below?
The only active interface is 192.168.5.5
Thanks

root:/var/named# cat named.conf
options {
        listen-on-v6 { none; };
        listen-on { 192.168.5.5; };
        directory "/var/named";
};
zone "0.0.127.in-addr.arpa" {
type master;
file "db.127.0.0";
};
zone "rac.local" {
type master;
file "db.rac";
};
zone "rac2.local" {
type master;
file "db.rac2";
};
zone "10.168.192.in-addr.arpa" {
type master;
file "db.192.168.10";
};
zone "20.168.192.in-addr.arpa" {
type master;
file "db.192.168.20";
};

root:jedi:/var/named# cat db.rac
$TTL 86400
@       SOA     jedi root ( 2 10800 3600 604800 600 )
        NS      jedi
localhost               A       127.0.0.1
rac-scan                A       xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
                        A       xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
                        A       xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
                        MX      10 rac-scan

root:jedi:/var/named# cat db.rac2
$TTL 86400
@       SOA     jedi root ( 3 10800 3600 604800 600 )
        NS      jedi
localhost               A       127.0.0.1
rac2-scan               A       xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
                        A       xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
                        A       xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
                        MX      10 rac2-scan