When does BIND send queries with DO flag enabled?

Taylor, Gord gord.taylor at rbc.com
Thu Sep 30 13:09:12 UTC 2010

Thanks. It took a long time to sort out the root cause because EDNS0
(dig @host record.sample +edns=0) caused no problems, only +dnssec
caused failures. The business partner has already fixed their firewall
(allow_dnssec_bit=1 on CheckPoint), but I wanted to understand the root
cause in order to proactively prevent future problems.

Kalman - thanks I'll check the mailing list history. I did that before
posting, but couldn't find the right set of keywords to find the chain
you're referencing.

Kevin (et.al.) - apologies for the legal notice. It's added at our SMTP
gateway, so not something I can control on a per-message basis either.
If I could get to my webmail account (also blocked) I'd send from there.
Welcome to corporate environments...