Second dig lookup not the same as the first

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Wed Sep 15 21:59:51 UTC 2010

Hi,

No, I am not running any firewall on the client side at all.  I can perform lookups elsewhere that behave as I would expect. I also performed these tests on another machine that has a more current and non Apple dig as well.

The server is RHEL, not Mac OS X.  I have deployed many named servers on Mac OS X, but I do not use the Apple supplied version, and always either go to the source for a more current version, or lately, I have been using MacPorts to aid in that installation process.

I don't think this question is as much of a platform issue as it is one of my lack of understanding in what causes the additional and authority sections to change on a subsequent request.
--
Scott (* For off-list contact, replace talklists@ with scott@ *)