named and dhcpd warnings and errors questions

Jelle de Jong jelledejong at powercraft.nl
Wed Sep 15 08:31:58 UTC 2010

Hello everybody,

bind9		1:9.6.ESV.R1+dfsg-0+lenny2
dhcp3-server	3.1.1-6+lenny4

I am having a lot of "timed out" errors in my syslogs, that I want to
solve. Below is the output of egrep 'named|dhcpd' /var/log/syslog

http://debian.pastebin.com/hyD915BA

I know the _ character is giving time-outs, so please ignore those. (If
there is a way to fix them without changing the dhcp host name of the
client I am open for suggestions)

Also ignore the errors from clients from vlan6, it tried to setup my
/etc/dhcp3/dhcpd.conf so it would only use the reverse dns zone for
vlan4 but I can't seem to get that working. My /etc/dhcp3/dhcpd.conf is
posted here: http://debian.pastebin.com/xWC1V55z

I would appreciate anyhelp in getting my setup cleaned up so it does not
genereate so many errors.

With kind regards,

Jelle de Jong